Maybe it’s the years of trying to save money by not using Spotify premium and now I feel like I am living my BEST life or maybe it’s just because covid has stopped all live music but regardless of the reason, I love Spotify. Like a lot. I love it so much that I decided to write an article on it — enjoy?
PS if you are an Apple Music person or someone who doesn’t organize their Spotify playlists then no need to keep reading.
Why do I love Spotify?
Want to see into my soul? Go to my Spotify. Are you one of my friends? Sorry but you are automatically subscribed to being bombarded with new music. My organization brain loves to make playlists. So my newly developed niche skill is building highly specific playlists for certain moods or activities. Some of my favourites include:
- “I am in a European themed commercial for yogurt (living my best life)”
- “I am the main character in an indie movie”
- “The perfect jump rope songs”
Other than creating highly specific playlists, I love Spotify for three reasons:
- Discover Weekly: gimme that good new music, no searching needed. It’s the highlight of my week.
- Most annoying ads in the world: they literally just say, “Hate this ad? you can remove it with Spotify premium.” I think it’s iconic and refreshing.
- Spotify Wrapped: by using data easily accessible they have created the best content for users to share. Every December my Instagram is filled with people showing off their most-listened-to songs/albums/genres. Why? I’m not sure, I don’t really care, and I’m not sure who does. But Spotify you are a genius for that one.
Here are some third party things to do to maximize your Spotify game
If you have some strange obsession with analytics and reports then you should try… Volt
“Think Spotify Wrapped. Only better.”
- Available all year round.
- Share it with anyone.
- Compare your taste with others.
- Receive monthly reports.
If you like to be roasted by an AI bot then you should try… How Bad Is Your Spotify
If ever your ego is getting too big, have an AI rip apart your music taste and give you an analysis based on your music tastes.
- Good reason to cry.
- Fun to compare with friends.
- Using technology for good.
If you are competitive and want to gamify your music habits then you should try… Whisperify
Perfect for those ENFJ’s in your life (if Myers–Briggs is how you define yourself). Quiz yourself on music.
If you want to stare at your top tracks in a new format and feel like the ultimate hipster then you should try… Receiptify
Nothing says I am cool like having a faux receipt.
If you want to make a playlist for someone special but don’t have any creative juices then you should try… Duo Love Songs
Create a personalized love playlist for your relationship.
Now go be free + hit me up when you have a killer Spotify playlist.